Thursday, March 2, 2017

Chicken Wire

Hi, Everyone!

I think I have shared before about how I thought this was one of the silliest sets when I first saw it, and not in a good way. Then I had to start seeing some of the samples that were being made using it. Well, it is now one of my favorite, mainly because, just stamping with it puts a smile on my face! I hope this project will do the same for you!


The base of the card is Soft Sky and the image is stamped on Whisper White, matted with Basic Black. Using black ink, I stamped the two large chickens, then covered them with a mask before stamping the "fazzled" one to the back.

To create a mask, just stamp your image on a Post It Note, making sure that the image is on the sticky part as much as possible. Cut it out and you are ready to use. I keep these with the stamp set to be used again and again.

Frazzle is colored with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie (which I used on all of the beaks and feet). The one on the left uses Early Espresso and Real Red (also used on the combs of both large chickens). The other one is Basic Gray and Black on the tail, head, and wing. All the watercolor pencils, of course. I used the aqua painter again, but I prefer the blending pens. I just seem to get a smoother colored image. So use which ever works best for you. I also anchored them to the ground by scribbling just a light touch of the Early Espresso pencil at their feet.

The sentiments are stamped on Soft Sky with black ink, then randomly cut out in a cloud form, then added to the card with dimensionals. I actually found this embossing folder on Cricut.com and had to have it just for this set!!! But if you have either of our hexagon folders (one is current, but we also have a retired one) they would work great, too. Emboss after stamping and coloring, but before adding the clouds. I used my Basic Gray to ink up the folder for a bit more definition.

Now for the inside:


I stamped the egg on a scrap of Whisper White and colored his feet with the Pumpkin Pie pencil, anchoring him in the same way as the hens, then fussy cut him out. NOTE: when fuzzy cutting, cut just a bit outside the lines, this gives a more forgiving image.

The sentiment is basic black on Soft Sky and cut out to resemble a cloud. Then attach it to Basic Black and cut around it to form a border. I added this to the panel with dimensionals.

AND don't forget to sign your work! I enjoy seeing that on the back panel as much as the card!

I really do hope this brought a smile to your face. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment