Saturday, July 8, 2017

Wonderful Summer Time

I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful summer day. It is gorgeous here this morning with a nice breeze coming in the windows. I was inspired by another pinterest post for this lovely card.


The base is Whisper White and also using Flirty Flamingo from the In Colors.

Crease and fold your card, then cut out a shape in the middle of the cover. I, of course used one of the ovals from my retired selection. This also leaves just a hint of an embossed frame around the opening, which isn't visible in the picture.

Using Soft Suede and the branch from Colorful Seasons, stamp across the top of the cover and on the inside, positioning it so that it shows through the window. With Flirty Flamingo, stamp two of the smaller single flowers and two sets of the small flower clusters onto Flirty Flamingo cardstock. You will have to fussy cut (using scissors) to cut out the cluster flowers and use the framlits from the bundle to cut out  the larger flowers and the chair.

I also stamped the glass with straw onto what I thought was a piece of Whisper White cardstock, which will be explained later. LOL Ink the stamp with Flirty Flamingo and stamp off onto a piece of scrap first. I actually kind of tipped mine when stamping off, but it gave me a shaded effect on the next stamping. So there is a tip that I hope I remember in the future. Now cut it out with the matching framelit and a chair from Flirty Flamingo. Add some of the Fine Tip Glue (or retired Crystal Effects) onto the glass and place the arm of the chair on top of it to adhere the two pieces together. Set aside to dry.

The sentiment is stamped with an image from the same set, again with Flirty Flamingo.


For the inside of the card, I used sentiments from the Garden in Bloom set and Flirty Flamingo ink. Again, making sure that the top sentiment showed through the window and that the bottom one did not.

The sample I saw actually made this into a shadow box, so I built a frame for the inside of my card. Cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 from Flirty Flamingo card stock. Then cut in 1/2" on all four sides to create the frame. This is really easy to do on the Trimmer. Then cut just a sliver off the side that will go against the cards fold. This will make it fit nicely on the inside of your card. Glue it into place. I like to use glue rather than tape because it gives me a chance to maneuver it around if I need to, but use whatever you are comfortable with. (The inside piece is great to use for the flowers and chair!)

Give your flowers a little dimension by using the larger tip on the score tool and a piece of foam under them. I use one of the pieces from my clear block storage case. Place the bloom with the printed side up and carefully work circles in the center with the tool. With the larger flowers, I also pulled from the outside to the center with each petal. Then glue each bloom into place.

Now, place the chair upside down on a non stick surface and place glue or tape on the left side and bottom of the chair. Place onto the front of the card. If you used tape, you can use the adhesive eraser to get rid of any that is showing.

WOW! a lot of wording but really a quick and simple card to create. I hope you will give it a try.

OH...... as for the glass....it was actually a piece of single sided DSP! I didn't notice it until I flipped it over to add adhesive! Luckily, it was a light green with small white polka dots. So on the inside of the card instead of pink lemonade, it is limeade!!!! Just what I meant to do!! Ever have those kind of moments?

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment