Monday, August 27, 2012

Sepia Blossom

 
My daughter told me I was rushing things when I showed her all of the Halloween I was doing, so you can imagine how she felt when I showed her a Christmas card!!! So, since some of you may feel the same, I decided to throw in a non-seasonal card. That doesn't mean that I have stopped creating for the holidays, so expect a lot more of those, too. :)
 
The base of this card is chocolate chip, with the stamped layer in natural ivory. The panel is sahara sand embossed with the Woodgrain folder (127821) from the holiday catty. The cut outs are from the Labels Collection Framelits (125598) and I stamped with the Stippled Blossoms (126745) and Thoughts and Prayers (113252) stamp sets. I used the oval scallop punch (119856) for the sentiment which was a sentiment stamp that I partially inked with the chocolate chip maker from the stamp set. I used soft suede, sahara sand, and chocolate chip ink pads and using a dauber and Chocolate chip ink, created my colored bow with the whisper white Taffeta Ribbon (109070). Just cut your desired length of ribbon, ink up the dauber, and spread on the front and back of the ribbon until you reach the desired shade. This works great for the organza ribbon (114319) also, for those times when you need a specific color that isn't available. I also punched around the chocolate chip framelit. The piercing mat (126199), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187) and the piercing tool (126189) work great for this!
 
Hope you enjoy this " seasonal " break. Have a great day and as always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment