Monday, March 3, 2014

Paper Roses






I really love the look of this card and it is so easy to create. The base is from black cardstock. The background is squares of a print DSP mounted onto squares of black cardstock cut out with decorative scissors (or you could use the postage stamp punch). These are all mounted on a Very Vanilla mat which was embossed with the Lattice embossing folder. I used the Tea Party stamp set and another sentiment placed over the stamped image and mounted with dimensionals. The greens are punched from the build a bird punch.

The roses: Punch out a scallop circle, then cut in a wave, in a circle to the middle(or use the die available in the occasions catty on page 32). Roll the coil from the outside to the inside and glue. (hint: use a glue gun to put a spot of glue on a heat resistant mat and place flower on this to hold) Fold the petals over or flatten with your hand to make it look more realistic. (hint: if you have a quilling needle, it works great for rolling the coil and the petals) I then sponged on a bit of matching ink to add depth. I placed the roses and greens on the card before attaching with glue dots to decide where I wanted every thing.

This type of card I mail in a padded envelope and add a bit of bubble wrap so that the roses don't get flattened. It costs a bit more to mail, but when I send it to a special person, it is so worth it.

I hope you have a great day, and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment