Monday, January 12, 2015

Sheltering Tree Christmas







OK, so you know we are going to need these again in a few months, right????
(and it is snowing)

Before the holidays, I saw several samples using the brush stroke from the Work of Art stamp set (134111-wood mount or 134114-clear mount) to create trees. I didn't have that set, so passed on creating one, even though I really liked them.

Then the Occasions catalog came out with the Sheltering Tree set (137163). This was one of the first sets that I placed on my order! And when it arrived, I knew that I wanted to use the brush stroke (think it was actually designed to be ground cover, but.....) to create my own version of a simple one layer Christmas Tree card, so here it is. I inked it up with Old Olive and created my partial tree. When I had each branch stamped, I stamped off my stamp between each branch, giving a lighter impression. The trunk is from the tree in the set, inked with Sahara Sand, and a star inked with Daffodil Delight to top it off. I then dug out my retired Mingle All the Way stamp set, and stamped the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler.  It looked pretty plain, so colored in the leaves with the Old Olive marker and added Pearl Basic Jewels (119247) for the berries.

Did you know that you can color the rhinestones and pearls with your blendabilites? They dry quickly and you can coordinate them with any of your color combos.
 
Well, have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment