Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lotus Blossom Notecards


Hopefully you received your FREE Lotus Blossom stamp set during SAB. I made this set of four notecards for a Mother's Day gift.

I started out with a colored base, embossed a white mat with the Spring Flowers embossing folder (#137365). This is in the Occasions catalog and available through June 2, so you might want to purchase it soon, if you haven't already. Remember that our Whisper White cardstock isn't as heavy as the colors, so you may need to dampen it a bit before embossing. I actually use a sheet of wax paper when embossing the white.

I matted my stamped image with the same color as the base. Sponge around all the layers for added interest and adhered them together. Add some ribbon around the layers, then add them to the base. Stamp your initial and punch out with a circle punch before adding it to a scallop circle punch out.

This is a very simple and quick project that packs a lot of punch. Or at least I think so!

Remember, you can always substitute with what you have on hand.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment