Thursday, June 15, 2017

Colorful Season's Sunshine

So, have you chosen your favorite stamp set in the new catalog, yet? I know it is hard to choose just one, but Colorful Season's is right at the top of my list. I cased this card straight from the catalog, page 146, with my own little twists, of course!

All cardstock is Whisper White! Build your base, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.

Cut a mat piece: 5 1/4 x 4. Bring out that brayer and the Daffodil Delight ink pad. Ink up the brayer and starting off the mat, brayer from one end to the other. Repeat this technique until you have the color saturation that you desire. Set this piece aside.

Focal piece: 3x4. Using the background piece from the Butterfly Basics stamp set, ink it up with Daffodil delight. Stamp it off on scrap paper then add to the top and bottom of the card piece. Stamp the frame of the chair with Smokey Slate, again stamping off once as before, so that it isn't so dark. (I think I should have used Crumb Cake instead). The seat is stamped with Daffodil Delight.

For the glass of tea, I stamped the background stamp with Pear Pizzaz after stamping off once, as before. Then cut it out with the framelit piece. (Was going for an ice cube effect, what do you think, did I pull it off? I think so.) Using a marker, color the straw and around the edges of the stamp. Stamp on the cut out piece. (This could also be done before cutting it out.) Using the marker, run it along the edges of the glass to give it even more dimension. Attach to the card with a dimensional, cut in half.

My ribbon is retired Summer Starfruit with a Daffodil Delight piece cut out with the retired Blossom Punch. Tie a tiny bow with the Linen thread and add it on top with a rolled glue dot.

The sentiment was stamped with Daffodil Delight, then offset stamping with Crumb Cake, again, stamped off once. (Not sure I will stamp off the next time AND I will definitely use the positioner!) This gives it a shadow effect.

Put it all together to create the card.

I am not a big fan of Washi Tape, but I think it would have worked great on this design!

This card makes me smile and I hope it does the same for you!

Want something else to smile about???? Purchase the Colorful Seasons and Framelits as a Bundle and SAVE 10% !!!!!

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment