Sunday, July 23, 2017

Best of Butterflies

I am one of those lucky ones who can enjoy paper crafting every day......well, almost. And this was one of those days. I pulled out a retired set from Stampin' Up's 25 Anniversary collection called Best of Butterflies. Our marigolds are starting to bloom and we will have a bunch of the real thing soon!


First off, see that little bit of white on the far right of the card? It is actually a corner of the envelope showing. I nearly cried when I saw it, but then saw that the card was okay.

My card base is Daffodil Delight with an image panel of Whisper White (5 1/2 x 3 3/4). Stamp the nearly solid butterfly in Daffodil Delight rocking the edges around in Pumpkin Pie.

Stamp the larger outline Butterfly twice in Basic Black on the panel, stamping a bit off the card. Stamp the whole image onto a scrap piece of Whisper White. Color in the images with Daffodil Delight ink. I squeeze my ink pad in the middle while it is closed. This forms a puddle of ink on the inside of the lid. You can also just place a drop of reinker into the lid. Use the aqua painter to color in your images. I did the same with Pumpkin Pie, adding a bit of water from the painter to dilute it down a bit. As long as you don't add too much, it is fine to close when done. The ink is water based so it won't be hurt at all.

Stamp you sentiment in Basic Black. This one came from the new set, Colorful Seasons. I think this whole set is going to be my new "go to" set. There are so many things that you can do with it!

I try to always use a positioning tool with my sentiments, because there is nothing worse than not getting it as dark as I want it. This one took stamping twice, to get it dark enough for what I wanted.

Cut out the image from the scrap piece, leaving a tiny edge of white around the edges. I usually do this every time I fussy cut. You don't get the look of rough cut edges this way. If you don't like to do that, you can take a matching marker or ink pad and color around the cut edge to give it a smoother look, too.

Decide where you want this image to be positioned and place a dimensional. I took some shiny black thread that I have in my sewing and stuck it in loops on to the dimensional, then added my butterfly.

I finished it up with stamping a butterfly on the corner of the inside, then added some bling with yellow stickles and colored the larger butterflies with clear Wink of Stella. You could add rhinestones instead of the stickles. Repeat the image onto the corner of a white envelope.

I love how this card turned out and hope you do too. The only thing that made it better was that I had a recipient in mind while creating it! So it goes into the mail tomorrow. Hope it brings a smile to her life!

Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment