Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello Fall


I love shaker cards and they really are fun to make. I have used two different techniques. The first one is to simply place your confetti in a small bag, like the ones that can be found in the jewelry crafts. Seal it and place tape around the edges to attach over your image, then add your top layer.

The second way, and what I usually use, is to stamp your image and line with dimensional tape. The edges to the dimensionals work great for this. Place your confetti on the inside, cut the Window sheet to fit and place on top. Add your top image and finish the card. That is all there is to it.

I decided the white "walls" were too plain, so I wadded up a piece of wax paper and blotted ink around my window. AND the window really isn't crooked, just the way the picture took :) !

I used the dauber and old olive ink to color the Organza ribbon and added my sentiment. I love this ribbon and this way I can have any color that I need! The stamp set is from the Happy Scenes set.

The Holiday catalog will soon be a thing of the past with most of the products retiring, so check it out and get your order in before you lose out on these great items. Let me know if you have any questions and I would so appreciate it if when ordering, you would enter my name, Mary Lee Carroll, as your demonstrator. That is if you don't already have one!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment