Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Thank you

Do you have some of the holiday DSP left over? Well, here is a great way to use some more of it up and take care of your holiday thank you cards, too!




Using the Home For the Holidays DSP that I had left over (and, yes, I actually did use some of it LOL), I created the card and envelope. The card base is Very Vanilla, matted with Pool Party. Put this aside and mat the DSP with Very Vanilla. Add the knotted real red ribbon: NOTE: Tie it around a cylinder, I used the Paper Piercing Tool container, slip off and cut the loop to create the ties. Cut the ribbon long enough to wrap and tape to the back side of this piece of the card. Add it to the base.

Stamp the poinsettia from the Reason For the Season set, with Real Red ink, onto Very Vanilla. I used the blender pen to soften the ink and bring it into the petals. Then cut the flower out with paper snips, curl the petal tips slightly and attach to the card with dimensionals. Add a rhinestone to the middle of the flower. Stamp your sentiment onto Very Vanilla with Real Red ink. Punch or cut it out and add it to the lower right side of the card.

I would use the less busy side of the DSP when making another one. I thought this one was a bit too much.

Then for the inside:


I matted a piece of Very Vanilla with the same DSP as the front and added it to the inside of the card. The envelope is made from the same sheet of DSP, which I created BEFORE cutting the pieces for the card.
 

I hope you enjoyed this project. I also hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for stopping by. Our holiday catalog is still available for a few more days, so grab what you need before it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment