Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Thank you feathers

After playing in the kitchen today, I decided to play in the craft room The result was these two thank you cards.


This one was cased from a card similar to Sabrina's and created with some retired items. It is nice to pull some of those out and play with them again. The base is Brown Sugar cardstock. The main mat is Natural's White matted with Always Artichoke. I made the mat 1/4" smaller and the white just an eighth of an inch smaller, so only a small bit of the Always Artichoke shows. Using the Four Feathers stamp set, I stamped two of each of two feather patterns with craft white ink on Brown Sugar and Always Artichoke. I also embossed with white embossing powder. The spots are from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set and Soft Suede ink, which I stamped off on scrap paper before stamping onto the card. After cutting out the feathers with the matching framelits, I arranged them on the card and added a bow from twine. The sentiment is stamped directly onto the card with Soft Suede.


Using the same stamp sets, I made the base of Elegant Eggplant. I matted the Whisper White with the Wisteria Wonder in the same sizes as on the previous card. I stamped the center feather with Elegant Eggplant and the other two with Wisteria Wonder. These are stamped directly onto the white cardstock. I then inked the sentiment up with Basic Black and stamped over the feather images. I also sponged around the edge of the white with Wisteria Wonder.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these and will give them a try. Thanks for stopping by and since I may not post again this week, Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment