Friday, June 10, 2016

Flourish!!

Okay, first, let me get this out there!!! I had to have the Flourish Bundle as soon as I saw it and couldn't wait to play with it! Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention from that. So, in order to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake: The dies do NOT fit the stamps! And if I had paid attention, I would have noticed that there are no shadows on the stamp images which would indicate that a die matches. I do still LOVE the bundle and am NOT sorry I purchased it. Both the dies and the stamps will be well used!

So, now on with the project I created after realizing my mistake:

 
The card base is basic black. I cut the flourish from the front cover with the Flourish Framelits. I offset the cutout and used the glue pen to attach it after adding a Whisper White panel to the back. The sentiment is embossed with white from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set. REMEMBER: these are sold as a Bundle on page 49 and really do work great together!


This is the inside of the card where I placed two Whisper White mats, both 4"x 5 1/4". The left side has the flourish from the second card below, glued into place with the glue pen. The sentiment is stamped in black from the Suite Sayings stamp set.

Sooooo, before I realized the stamp doesn't match the die, I tried repositioning my die. So this is what I came up with instead :).   I folded the card base and sponged Craft White ink over the cut out, embossed Hello with white embossing powder and added a small bow. (Put a bit of the glue pen on the loops, so the knot could be positioned on the stems, which are cut out.)
 
With the cover closed, I used the white gel pen to draw "stitches" along the stems and leaves. Add pearls to the small round spots. Stamp two of the blooms from the Flourishing Phrases set onto Whisper White with black ink and cut them out. Add them to the inside with glue dots. (The picture looks like there is a pattern on the left side, but there isn't. It is just the cut out.) So when you close the card the blooms, stitching and pearls are all visible through the cover. The sentiment is again embossed with white from the Grateful Bunch stamp set.
 
NOTE:
Use the glue pen instead of the multi-purpose glue because the pen will dry clear and won't be sticky.
 
I even stamped the flourish onto a white envelope for both of these cards.
 
I hope that you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful card, Mary Lee! And I thank you for the 'heads up' regarding the bundle! It's on my wish list for across the catalog year, but I was also thinking the dies matched the stamps. LOL We are so "easy"!

    ReplyDelete