Thursday, June 9, 2016

Gift of Love

I really love this new Host stamp set. And getting it free is even better!!!! Place a qualifying order and you can have it, too! Don't want to order that much at one time??? Ask your friends to order with you! :)


I also LOVE the new In Colors, especially the Peekaboo Peach! That is what I used for the base of this card, cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"

The silver paper is cut at 2 1/4" x 5 1/2" to mat a whisper white piece cut at 2"x 5 1/2". Adhere this to the card base.

Using VersaMark, stamp three images of the flowers onto Vellum cardstock and emboss with silver embossing powder. I used the blender pen to color onto the back of the images. This can be done with the refill ink or before opening the ink pad, squeeze in the center. This will create a small area of ink onto the lid which can then be used as a paint pallet. If you want a more vibrant color, you might prefer to color on the front of the images.

Now fussy cut around the images and position two of them on the white strip. Then cut up the third one to fill in areas for a fuller look. Use mini glue dots to place them permanently.

Add the sentiment onto Whisper White and dimensionals.


Cut a rectangle of Whisper White for your sentiment (or use your Banner Framelits). This one was a bit larger than my Banner Triple punch, but I still used it! I centered the piece into the punch, carefully pushing it up into the punch. I then used my Paper Trimmer to cut evenly from the corner to the tip on each side. Attach it to silver paper and cut around it with the Paper Snips or Trimmer to create a mat. Place on the inside of the card and you are done!

NOTE: Embossing Powder goes a long way, so if yours is a bit older like mine was, you might want to replace it for a fresh one. My old one (and I am talking years old!) started to leave specks of black when I embossed. This was also the case with my gold, so I replaced them, WOW! what a difference!

I hope you are having a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

DONT FORGET the Paper Pumkin special that starts tonight! Details Here

No comments:

Post a Comment