Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Happy Fall!!!

Wow, here it is almost October already and Fall is definitely in the air!! Wonderful sunny days and cool evenings which are great to sleep in! This is one of my favorite times of the year!

I found this really great idea for a card and had to give it a try, so why not with a fall theme?

The base card is So Saffron, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4", and also at 1" for the spine of the book. Trim the card to resemble a book. Here is a great tutorial on how to do it, as well as a template to use. I used the Sheltering Tree stamp set and my MISTI for the tree. The tree is stamped with Soft Suede. I then turned the leaves sideways and stamped only part of it with Daffodil Delight, then Soft Suede, then Old Olive, repositioning it with each ink color. I used the small stamp of leaves and stamped lightly with Cherry Cobbler around the tree. You may want to stamp off on scrap paper if your ink pad is freshly inked. I used the same small stamp to stamp the base of the tree with the same ink colors. The Happy Fall is from the retired set Four All Things. All of the black trims are black Dazzles, which you can also just draw in with a marker.

Wish I was a better photographer, cuz this looks so much nicer than it appears in this photo! I can't wait to make some more of these, especially for Easter, but that is getting WAY too far ahead of things (but we'll see :) )

Hope you enjoyed this and give it a try. Have a great day and thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment