Saturday, October 1, 2016

Fall For All

I love this time of the year. Perfect sleeping weather at night and beautiful weather during the day!! How can you lose???? I know Fall started a week ago, officially, but it is still the season so here is another fun Fall card.


Art Impressions has a series of Watercolor Videos that I had to try, which is how this card began to form. I used the tree from Lovely As A Tree set and colored it with my markers, using Chocolate Chip for the trunk. Using Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler, I randomly colored around on the leaves, gave a good breath and stamped the image onto Watercolor Paper. Then using my Aqua Painter and making sure it is almost dry, (so don't squeeze while doing this, you don't want much water at all!), I dabbed at the leaves. You will see that I did too much on the right side of the tree which muddied the image, so with this technique, less is definitely more!

I cut the image down to a 2"x2" square, off set a 2 1/4" square of Old Olive, then a 2 1/2" square of Cherry Cobbler. The card base is Pumpkin Pie, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". Using the Versa Mark ink, randomly stamp images for a back ground on the cover. I used the tree from my image, the small leaf and the large oak leaves as well as the sentiment, which is from the retired set, For All Things. This gives a nice tone on tone look.

Lie down a strip of the Tear and Tape for the Burlap Ribbon. Stamp the sentiment on Watercolor Paper with Pumpkin Pie, then offset with Old Olive. Cut out with a banner and mat with a Soft Suede banner. Add this and the tree image with dimensionals to the cover. Tie a triple loop bow with Linen Thread and attach with a glue dot.


AND enjoy the season!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment