Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Ending and Begining

LAST day for the RETIRED list! Grab what you want now, cuz the new catty goes LIVE tomorrow afternoon!!!!! (One p.m. MST)

But today I wanted to share a card created with a stamp set that will carry over into the new season, Tuscan Vineyard. This is another one of those sets that I liked, but just didn't think I would use it much. THEN I saw a video on the coloring of the grapes and had to give it a try. Well, as you have already seen, it has become one of my favorite sets and I am so glad that it made it into the new catalog.


The base is Elegant Eggplant and I made this one with a top fold ( 11 x 4 1/4)

It is then matted with a piece of DSP from the retired Adventure Bound paper stack. The images, all from the stamp set are stamped on Whisper White ( 1 x 4 3/4 and 2 x 4 3/4) with Elegant Eggplant ink and matted onto Elegant Eggplant 3 3/4 x 5).

Using a dampened Aqua Painter, I painted the grapes with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive. Careful not to work it too much as it will "muddy" the image. I actually covered a spot with the ribbon where that exact thing happened.

Place these pieces equal distance from the sides. This will leave a space in the middle where I added a piece of silver ribbon. Add this to the top of the DSP mat.

The bow is from a piece of retired Rich Razzleberry that I still had in my stash. After creating the silver string bow, I inserted it through the other bow's center loop. Just liked that look better.

I hope you are having a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment