Saturday, June 9, 2018

Non bleached card

I have always liked the looks of the bleached cards, but it just wasn't something I enjoyed creating. I recently saw this technique with Craft White ink, that I thought resembled the bleached look, and actually liked it better. So I had to give it a try and share the results.


Using one of my favorite colors, Flirty Flamingo, I created a base, 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, to create a top fold card.

The next layer is Whisper White, 4 1/8 x 5 3/8

And the image layer, Flirty Flamingo, 4 x 5 1/4

Using an open lined image and Versamark, stamp the images. I used the retired Birthday Blooms. Emboss with white embossing powder.

Add a drop of Craft White ink onto a clear block or what ever pallet you prefer and grab your aqua painter. Being careful not to use too much water, color in the images. I needed to "dry off" my brush several times and also colored over twice to get the depth of color that I wanted. Let this dry, blotting with paper towel to absorb any extra liquid. After it dried, I added a watercolor wash with Pear Pizzaz to the leaves, just to add a bit of contrast.

The sentiment is white embossed from Flourishing Phrases with a bow attached above with a glue dot.

Very pretty effect, I think, and hope that you do also. Give it a try, so easy and fairly quick. The drying can be sped up by using the Heat Tool.

Have a great day, and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment