Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Love What You Do Pinwheel

I saw this idea on a YouTube by Stamp with Joy. It has been a long time since I have done this technique and thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it.






The card base is Whisper White, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4

The mat is Mint Macaron (I know it looks blue, but it really is Mint!) 4 x 5 1/4

The image piece is Whisper White, 3 3/4 x 5

For the pinwheel, you need a piece of double sided DSP ( I used the Share What You Love), 2 x 4
Cut in half, then fourths, or 8 pieces of 1x1 pieces from scraps. Decide which sides you want to present.

Cut a piece of the background (mine IS mint macaron) 3x3. Place the first square diagonally with the point in the middle of the top, gluing down only the right side of the triangle. Take the next piece and glue it down on the first triangle, placing one point at the bottom tip of the first one and lining it up so that the top left point is in line with the top point of the previous one. Continue around until the last one. When gluing the last one into place, lift up the unglued portion of the first one and position it underneath. Now you can add a spot of glue to the first piece and secure.

Carefully cut around the pinwheel, leaving a bit of a border.

Using one of the new pearlized doilies, ink it up with the mint macaron to give it just a hint of color. ( I actually used a white doily, covered it with my retired Luminere, let it dry, then inked.) Place this toward the top center, using spots of glue on the thicker parts of the doily.

Place dimensionals on the pinwheel and place it in the center of the doily.

The strip underneath is a 3 5/8 x 1 1/8 mint macaron to mat a piece of matching DSP, 3 1/2 x 1

The stamping is also in Mint Macaron with a piece from the Hold on to Hope set. The sentiment is from Flourishing Flourishes. ( I just placed tape over the part I didn't want, inked it up, PULL OFF THE TAPE, and stamp.)

I then colored the pearls with my Stampin Blends, starting with Old Olive and topping with Bermuda Bay. This created a close match to the Mint Macaron. I also added a Rich Razzleberry pearl from one of my Paper Pumpkin Kits to the center of the pinwheel.

I hope you give this one a try. It really is a fun card to create and a great way to clean up those smaller scraps.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment