Sunday, July 29, 2012

Coaster

I thought I would post a coaster that I made some time ago. If you look in the left bottom corner you will see that I goofed and didn't get a good stamped image. So I improvised and since it was just for me, I think it is okay. I was actually trying to figure out how to use SU products that I had on hand. To begin with I bought a glossy coated tile and cleaned it off with rubbing alchohol. The stamp set is Bells and Boughs (120831) and I used Black StazOn(101406) for the image, then used my markers to color in the images. Because these markers would not dry, I sprinkled clear embossing powder(109130) over the colored images and heat set it with the heat tool (129053). This not only set the color, but now I can place hot or cold drinks on the coaster and it will not effect the image at all. This also gave it a textured feel, so if you would prefer a smooth surface, then add a thin layer of Crystal Effects(101055) over the whole area and allow to dry. I did this on another coaster and the hot and cold drinks do not effect it either.Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment