Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vintage Christmas


Here is one of my versions of a vintage card. The base is the standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" with Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the large tree from Thoughts and Prayers (113252) and Wild Wasabi ink to stamp around the edge of the front, then sponged Soft Suede around the edges. I took two strips ( 1" x 5 1/2" ) of Wild Wasabi cardstock and punched a border with the Scalloped Trim Border punch  (118402) and attached them to the back of a piece of Be of Good Cheer DSP (126896) cut at 2" x 5 1/2". Using the pine branch from Christmas Lodge ( 123767 ), stamp in a circle with Wild Wasabi ink and cut out with the 2 3/8" scallop punch, sponging around the scallops with the same ink. Stamp your sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370). Add a strip of Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (126848) down the center of the DSP. Add dimensionals to the wreath and place on the card. Die a strip* of the Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta ribbon (109070), tie into a bow and position on the card. Cut off the prongs from four Cherry Cobbler brads from the Regal Collection (119737), roll a glue dot and use to place one in each corner of the card. Finish with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (125585) to add berries to the wreath and down the center of the ribbon.

* You can die the ribbon by putting a few drops of reinker in a small amount of water and wait for the ribbon to dry. I am too impatient for that, so I just use a dauber and ink pad to color my ribbon. I think I have a bit more control on the depth of color this way, also.

I plan to share a couple more cards similar to this one, so hope you return to see those.

Have a great day and thanks for stoppin by!

No comments:

Post a Comment