Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dble Tri-fold




Another FUN card. Decide on the size of card you want. This one is the standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Cut out two card bases and score down the middle like you normally would do. Take one of them and cut a window out 1 1/4" in from all sides. On the second card score down the middle again (for this example, I scored at 4 1/4" and at 2 1/8". On the other end of the same piece, cut a block out measuring 1 1/4" x [one fourth of the card(mine at 2 1/8")]. This created the box to go through the front window. Tape the other end to the inside of the standard folded card base matching the edge to the center fold of the card base. Cut two pieces of DSP to frame the window on the inside and out, six pieces (again, mine were 1 7/8" x 4") to place on the inside panels and decorate as you wish.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love it. Might have to play to actually figure it out. If you could post some pictures again of a couple more steps of the 2nd base would be helpful if you have time. Great card though, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I have posted a tutorial at http://maryleestamping.blogspot.com/2014/05/graduation-tri-fold.html
    The date is May 15, 2014 and called a Graduation Tri-Fold, if the link doesn't work. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed your comment. But when it came through to me, I think this will help http://maryleestamping.blogspot.com/2014/05/graduation-tri-fold.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I saw this on Pinterest & LOVE St. Patty!! Can you tell me the name/mfgr of the stamp set? He's adorable! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I am so sorry that I missed this! The stamp is from Inkadinkadoo. I have had it for a very long time.

      Delete
  6. Hi Mary Lee! Thanks for the info! I checked Amazon & Etsy but no one seems to have it. I used a Taylored Expressions die this year. It's hard to find images for St. Patrick's Day. If you're interested in selling your stamp, please email me. Thanks for your help!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I found one on eBay. I put leprechaun in the search

      Delete
  7. Hi again! Thanks for checking for me!! I sh hv expanded my search past St. Patrick's Day! I'll look for it under Leprechaun.
    I love your card layout, too!

    ReplyDelete