Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Butterflies and Flowers


I was having a down day and needed a pick-me-up. So, not only did card making fill the bill, but these colors helped a lot, too! I used Whisper White as the card base and trimmed off the cover with an edgelit, backing it with a strip of colored cardstock large enough to match the back cover. I used Bordering on Romance stamp set for the flowers, coloring with my markers. I actually colored three sets of the flowers and layered them on top with dimensionals, (stamping on the card base, then twice on scrap card stock, cutting out the two largest flowers, then the top large flower.) The butterflies are from the Papillion Potpourri stamp set. I folded the wings a bit to make them 3D also.

This card still makes my soul smile, so guess I accomplished my goal! Hope it works for you, too.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment