Saturday, June 14, 2014

Double Heart "carving"


Although I created this card for Valentine's Day, it would be great for an anniversary or wedding card also. It reminds me of the hearts carved into a tree.

I actually created the wood look background with a technique called Milk Paint. Start by marking your card stock using the white ink, swiping it across leaving plenty of uninked areas. You should let this dry really well (patience is not one of my virtues, so I rarely do this). You can use the heat tool to speed this process. Then using a ruler, draw in your boards, adding nail heads and cracks. Or you can use our new Hardwood stamp on page 175 of the catalog!!!! Don't you love Stampin' Up!!!!

I used a sponge to die the doily (page 192 ) with the same ink as my card stock, punched out a couple of hearts and added a banner. That was it......fast and easy!

Hope you enjoy this project and thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment