Saturday, February 14, 2015

Quilted Hearts and Flowers



Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I know this is a birthday card, but wanted to wish you all a great and loving day.

This card has a couple of different techniques that I just had to try and share. It is hard to tell in the top photo, but the hearts are actually two different sides of the DSP. I put it all together, then ran it through the Honeycomb embossing folder (129378) to give it a quilted look.

Here is the video that shows how to do the image:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfbpgKy21M&list=UUwhQRmsAA4vRV1Ykaorpq8g&index=4

And here is the video for the floral bouquet on the inside of the card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJnfmGtT-I

I used glue dots instead of dimensionals because I preferred less space between the flowers. Don't attach it too closely to the center of the card or they won't open correctly. I also stamped some greenery on green cardstock and cut them out to add to the bouquet. I just glued them down to the card base.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment