Thursday, March 5, 2015

Perpetual Calendar


I have found that I really do enjoy creating 3D projects and this is one of them. When I was younger, I created a lot of the gifts that I gave and I am enjoying doing that again. This perpetual calendar was so much fun and I am sure that I will be making some more. I also find that I need 12x12 sheets of cardstock, so will have to put them on my next order. Being a card maker, I haven't needed that size very often, so have always ordered the 8 1/2 x 11 size. Things are a changin'! :)

Now on to the project, which is another great one from fellow demonstrator, Elaine Jackson. You can find her video for this one HERE . She also has the dimensions on her blog. I did add a few changes to mine.

This version used Basic Grey (only cuz it was all I had that was 12"), Blackberry Bliss, and So Saffron cardstock. The DSP is from the Moonlight Paper Stack (133701). For the numbers I used the set that Elaine recommended, Memorable Moments (w-132039 or c-126682). I didn't have a set that would fit the small blocks like I wanted, so, like Elaine, I also printed the days of the week and the months from my computer in dark purple. I used Blackberry Bliss for all of my stamping and to sponge around each piece of So Saffron.

I wanted to add a little bit more, so that is why I created the topper. Cut out two of the Top Note Die (113463), gluing them together onto the top of the carrier. The two larger butterflies are from the wonderful Butterfly thinlits (137360). LOVE this die set!!!! The largest one is adhered down to the top note, but the next two layers are only glued down with the body, to give some dimension. (NOTE: the top butterfly is from a die that I received in a magazine, but there is a solid one with the framelits that would work, too).

The sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets, Sheltering Tree (137163). I stamped it, then used a corner rounder for the ends. It is placed on the topper with dimensionals. The butterfly "feelers" are from the set Papillion Potpourri (w-132058 or c-123759). It is inked with Basic Gray, stamped off onto scrap paper, then stamped in place.

As I am typing this, I am thinking "mmmm  haven't added any bling......." . So the actual gift may have some added to it, in the form of pearls, rhinestones, or Dazzling Details. Guess I will have to look at it again.

I really hope you have a wonderful and creative day. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment