Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mini book/journal/album

We are getting to the end of this catalog availability, so I am trying to use up some of my supplies that are on the retirement list. You can see that HERE

Here is a quick and easy gift project (or keep it for yourself!) I saw the idea from a fellow demonstrator. Unfortunately, I wrote down the measurements, but not her name. And, of course, I can't find her video now!

So to begin with, here are the measurements:

Designer Series Paper: 6"x10 1/4"
Cardstock: 6"x 10"
Copy Paper: 9 3/4" x 5 3/4"




This is what the cover looks like created from the DSP.
I also rounded the corners and added Washi Tape to help inforce the spine ends.
 


This is another shot of the cover.
The DSP that I used is called Bohemian Designer Series Paper.

 
Next is the cardstock layer. I used Rich Razzleberry.
This photo shows the inside DSP cover and the first page of the cardstock.
Again, rounding the corners.
The cardstock is just a bit smaller than the DSP from right to left.


This photo shows the inside cardstock page. Then the papers are layered onto the cardstock layer.
I used some of the Envelope Papers for my inside pages, folded them in the center and rounded the corners all at the same time.


Now it is time to bind it all together. Fold all of the pieces in half and layer (DSP, then cardstock, then finally the papers) Use paperclips or binder clips to hold it all together.
Punch a small hole in the center with a piercing tool, then toward the top and bottom.
I did this one inch from the DSP edges.
Thread a needle with the Linen Thread, and insert from inside to outside through the center hole.
Leave a three inch tail for tying.
Insert the needle through one of the other holes and repeat. Then do the same for the opposite end.
After bringing it through the last hole for the second time, insert the needle under the opposite loops (this will help anchor the knot) and tie a double knot.
THAT IS IT!!!!
 
Now decorate as desired!
 
I think these would be great graduation gifts done up in the school or class colors!
 
 
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

FOUND!!
Thank you, Tina!
THE VIDEO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment