Monday, October 10, 2016

Ewwwww ........

I knew as soon as I saw the Jar of Haunts stamp set in the new Holiday catalog, that I had to have it. So to the top of the order it went. I just wasn't sure what I would do with those eyeballs....ewwww...

Thankfully I came across a sample from fellow demonstrator, Lisa Reber. I basically cased (copy and share everything) what she did.

 My son would have liked this one. He liked those gross things. I think mostly because of the shock effect they had on me :) !!!!! So even though I can't mail it, this one is for him.

 :

The base ( 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" ) is Pumpkin Pie. the left piece ( 1 1/2" x 5 1/4") and the banner ( 1 1/2" x 2" ) are from the Halloween Night Specialty DSP.

The web and spiders are stamped on Whisper White ( 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" )  with Black ink from the Spooky Fun stamp set. All other images are from the Jar of Haunts set.

Attach the two panels to the card front. Cut or punch the flag end and stamp the image with Black. Add this to the top of the panels where they join. Stamp the jar onto a scrap piece of Whisper White, adding the drip and eyeball images. I then colored them in with Pumpkin Pie and Marina Mist, using a blender pen. (NOTE: before opening your ink pad, squeeze in the center. This will give you a pool of ink on the lid to use.) Cut the image out with your Paper Snips IF you don't have the matching framelits. Add dimensionals to the back and attach to the card. Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom of the panel with Black.

I felt it needed some blitz (maybe trying to make it less gross.....). So I used the clear Wink of Stella Pen on the liquid and drips of the jar.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one. It was fun to create, of course.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment