Friday, October 7, 2016

Jar of Haunts

WOW! Three cards in as many days! It feels so good to be creating again!

This has been a really tough year for my family and I wasn't sure I could find the joy of creating again. Luckily, for now, I am so enjoying it.

Pinterest is one of my favorite past times. Unfortunately I have been only looking. Every time I would think, "okay, I want to CASE (case and share everything) this one", I might make it to the craft area but no farther. So I am thrilled to share another one of my cards today, which was inspired by a Pinterest member. Thank you to all of the members who share!!!!


I used Basic Black for the base, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". The mat is Basic Grey, cut at 5 1/4" x 4" and the brick wall is cut from the Halloween Night Specialty DSP at 5" x 3 3/4". I can't believe that I forgot to sponge around the edges with Basic Grey, so that is an option.

I did use half of one of the retired web doilies from last year. I am going to be so disappointed when my stash runs out! Punch out a 2" half circle from Tangerine Tango and sponge around it with the same color of ink. The spider is inked with Basic Black onto Basic Grey from the Spooky Fun stamp set. Cut it out, turn over onto a piece of foam and use the scoring stylus to make circles. This gives it a bit of a 3D effect, then add it with a dimensional.

The banner is cut from Basic Black, (1" x 5 1/4"), Basic Grey, (3/4" x 4 1/4"), and Whisper White, (1/2" x 3 3/4"), punching the ends of the Grey and White with the Banner Triple Punch. The sentiment is from the Spooky Fun stamp set, inked with Tangerine Tango. Add to the base, then place two rhinestones to the left. I actually colored mine with an alcohol pen, but we have Enamel Dots in the Holiday catalog that would work great! Not sure how I missed them when I ordered.....

The mummy jar is from the Jar of Haunts stamp set. I used Smokey Slate ink onto Whisper White card stock. The Every Day Jar Framelits are great for this stamp set, although I must confess that I used the jar from my retired Cannery Framelits. It isn't a perfect fit, but I think it worked for this. Of course, you can always use your Paper Snips to just cut it out! Sponge around the jar with the Smokey Slate ink and use the same technique as the spider to give it some dimension. Add it on with dimensionals to the top and bottom of the jar.

NOTE: I use my MISTI for most of my sentiments to get a strong color. This tool enables me to re-stamp in perfect position to get a more vibrant inking. I have the card size and love it. It is NOT a Stampin' Up product, but I would highly recommend investing in one.

Have a Great Day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment