Saturday, March 25, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams----OH Bees!

Okay, so I argued with myself for month's about purchasing the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle, because I already have the wonderful butterflies that could be used in place of the dragonflies on every project that I saw and wanted to CASE. But, you know, sometimes you just want to be a dragonfly without all the pressure of being a butterfly, right??? Well, anyway, I finally caved and am SO glad that I did, cuz I LOVE this bee!!! (I know, just stay with me, okay :) )


I cased this card from Amy and she gave such great instructions that I will share her page with you, but first let me tell you the few tweeks that I did, cuz sometimes you have to improvise with what you have on hand.

First, wish my picture had turned out as well as hers, because this is such a bright and cheerful card. It makes me smile just thinking about it!

Ok, on with the "tweeks", I didn't have the marker that she used on her wings, so I softly colored with the Bermuda Bay watercolor pencil. The wings look okay with nothing, but Amy is so right when she said that it added to them!

My ribbon is actually the Whisper White Organza. I use this A LOT! Normally I use a sponge or dauber to color it, but needed a bit more this time. So, I tied the ribbon around the mat, trimmed it off the roll to get the exact amount that I needed. Then in a small cup I added 3 or 4 drops of reinker and mixed in about a teaspoon of water. Let the ribbon soak it up, remove and dry the excess on a paper towel. You can repeat the process if you want it darker. Then I hung it to dry while I worked on the card.

Once it was dry, I tied it loosely around the mats. This creates less bulk than if you pull it tight. Then I added small glue dots on the back to hold it in position on the card. I also placed one under the top layer of the knot and under each tail, close to the knot, to keep it from coming untied. Use your piercing tool or the end of the paper snips to transfer the glue dot to the ribbon.

And now for Amy's great card and instructions: http://www.stampingwithkristi.com/amys-inkin-krew-occasions-catalogsale-bration-blog-hop/

I hope this also brought a smile to your day. Have a great one and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment