Wednesday, April 26, 2017

More Retired Fun!

With so many items retiring in just a few short weeks, I started looking at some of my other retired favorites. That is what brought about this sample.


The card base is Soft Sky with the mat of Old Olive. The background is from the Adventure Bound paper stack. The images are from Language of Friendship. I stamped some of the branch onto the background piece with Always Artichoke.

The birds and branches are stamped on Whisper White. To get the reverse image, I stamped onto a clear block and placed onto the Whisper White. This works best with a cushion under the cardstock, and you need to hold it in place for a bit, letting the ink "soak" into the cardstock.

I punched the sentiment out with the Large Oval, and pieced the scallop oval punch to fit the sentiment. I placed it on dimensionals on a nest of linen thread.

Here is how I colored the pieces before punching them out with the matching punch.


I used daubers to color in a circular motion. Color lightly and repeat until you get the depth of color wanted. After punching out, I also sponged around each image and used a gray marker to color in the eyes for a bit more definition.

Don't have this stamp set? Check out Best Birds in the catalog on page 53 for a current set to use. AND you can order the bundle before it retires! The stamp set and dies will be in the new catalog, but not as a bundle, so order soon to save 10%.

I hope you enjoyed this walk down retired lane. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank You! I'm learning so much from you today! Have been trying to figure out the mirror image thing and you just gave me a huge clue! Don't stop teaching please!

    ReplyDelete