Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Crows

First, let me tell you that I just created a Christmas card that I sooooo want to share with you! BUT, I still have a couple more Halloween cards and I am telling myself that they have to be shared first! Especially since Halloween is only a couple of days away! How did that happen?????

So here is my next share:


To create this card, I used a Pumpkin Pie base with a black mat underneath the image. I then pulled out my brayer and Woodland embossing folder (of course), along with the ink pads, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. Punch a 2" circle from a post it and position it on the folder side where you want the moon to be. Brayer the Daffodil Delight, starting at the bottom of the trees working all the way up the trees, then Pumpkin Pie up two thirds of the way and ending with the CC about a third of the way (this will be the bottom of the card).

NOTE: I have explained in other posts how to do this technique. If you missed it, you can find it here.

Remove the post it and insert the Daffodil Delight card stock. Run this through the Big Shot. Using a sponge or dauber, add smokey slate ink to the raised trees. The crows are stamped from the Among the Branches set with Momento Black ink.

I used Teeny Tiny Wishes to stamp the sentiment, also with the black ink, onto Pumpkin Pie card stock and punched it out with the word window punch. It is hard to see in the photo, but it is also matted with black card stock. This can be achieved in one of two ways: 1. adhere the sentiment piece to a scrap piece of card stock and cut around it, using the paper snips. OR 2. punch out another word window and cut it in four pieces and adhere to the back of the sentiment, leaving tiny gaps between the pieces (which aren't really noticeable.

Thanks so much for visiting! Have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment