Saturday, August 6, 2016

Caroline's Box

Love this box from fellow crafter, Caroline.

Here is my version!



I used the Flourishing Phrases to stamp on Very Vanilla with black ink, coloring in with Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Daffodil Delight. I added Gold Dazzling Details to the dots.

The lid would look great with a gold doily, but I didn't have one, so I used one of my retired dies. The flower is from the Reason For The Season set. I stamped one image from Old Olive (stamping off for the petals) and three images with Cherry Cobbler (also stamping off the petals first.). Color each piece with clear Wink of Stella. With the Old Olive image, cut the outer flower petals away so they won't show. Then cut out the first flower image, removing the leaves and carefully cut out the four center petals. This will be used for the bottom and top layer of the flower. Cut the second image out, again removing the leaves, and cut away the outer petals and leaves on the third image.  Using a bone folder, lightly curl all of the petals downward on each piece. Place dimensionals on the back center of each layer. Add the leaves to the center of the doily, then the image with the center cut out (I placed a dimensional on two sides of the "hole"), followed by the full flower, then the center petals, and finally the four very center petals. Add liquid glue to the back of the doily and attach it to the lid. I then added gold dazzling details to the center of the flower.

The lid fits VERY snug, so you need to get a very crisp crease on the tabs that fold into the lip.

I also used 12" pieces of cardstock instead of cutting off the little bit needed for her measurement. This just gives you a little more lip to hold the box together.

Another note is to add the tear and tape before cutting the triangles away. This way I didn't have to cut several pieces and instead of cutting up the score line, then the wedges, I just cut at an angle on each side of the score line to remove one triangle.

Want the tutorial????? Caroline has a great VIDEO

I will be creating a lot more of these.......may have to give gifts that fit in them rather than finding packaging for the gift!

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment