Monday, August 1, 2016

Tomorrow, Tomorrow.........

Only one more day and this great stamp set and dies will be available to purchase WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! I really can't state that last part enough, because I truly believe that this bundle will sell out before the end of the month.




Now for another card that I created with this bundle:


The colors are not actually as light as they look on this photo, but you can create one as light or as dark as you like.

The card base is Whisper White, cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". I created a sun mask by punching out a 1 1/4" circle from a post it note (I prefer to use the notes with the full sticky back, but a standard one will work. Just make sure the sticky part is a part of the mask.) Save the negative part to use later. Position the mask where you want the sun to be.

Using Pool Party, sponge across the top 2/3 of the card front, starting off the cardstock. I didn't make the whole area sponged and it gave it the look of clouds. If you look closely, you can kind of see what I mean. Pull off the mask. Now place the negative mask over the sun and color in using a dauber and Daffodil Delight, working from the outside in. (NOTE: Mine is darker than I had planned because I didn't check the ink saturation on my dauber, and I had used it with a refill previously. So test on scrap paper to avoid disappointment.)

I used Soft Suede to sponge in the bottom, also using the edge of a dauber to create more of a line between the ground and sky. I also used it to add mounds to the earth. Then stamp grass from the stamp set with Old Olive. Stamp where you want the tree to be first, then decide on the position of other grass locations.

Cut the tree trunk from Chocolate Chip and glue to the card base. Use daubers to add different inks to the leaves stamp and stamp onto Whisper White. Cut out with the framelit and carefully wad it up, then unfold. Next sponge over it all with Old Olive and add to the tree with dimensionals.

The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and added with Old Olive.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment