Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thoughtful Fall Branches

Right now fall seems a long ways off with all the hot days, but it will make it here soon.

So have you ordered your Thoughtful Branches Bundle yet? I am so enjoying mine and imagine it will be a favorite for a long time to come. I mentioned how I thought water coloring would make the colors a lot brighter. Well, here is my latest creation.



First do some water coloring on water color paper. Just spray it with water and add drops of reinker, adding more drops as needed/wanted. I used Real Red, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, and Chocolate Chip. Just spray more water if it starts to dry out or your colors aren't moving around like you would like. Not too much, because they can become muddy looking then.

 
Then just cut out the leaves with the thinlits. Since I had a mostly brown corner on my paper, I also cut out the trunk. Save the extra to use at another time. It will be great when you want to cut out smaller pieces, like single leaves.
 
 
And here is the finished card. The base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" with Very Vanilla. I stamped on the bare trees with Chocolate Chip several times at different heights. I used the same color to add the "grass" around the base of the trunks, shaping as needed. ( that is one of the great things about photopolymer stamps, not only can you see through them for position, but they can be manipulated into curves). Sponge Pool Party on the top for the sky and Chocolate Chip on the bottom for the ground.
 
I wish I had taken a picture at this stage, because I really liked the look of the card. This may be a background that I use again and again. It would be great for masculine, sympathy, or nature.
 
Stamp grass also on the very bottom where you plan to add your large tree. Glue down the trunk. Add dimensionals (cutting one into four pieces or cut the narrow strip on the edge) and add the leaves.
 
NOTE: I just realized that the Foam Adhesive Strips on page 182 would work great to cut into small squares for the dimensionals!
 
I hope you enjoyed this card and want to see more, because I am sure that this stamp set will stay very accessible on my crafting table for some time.
 
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you stamped the image too--what color did you use to stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also used the Chocolate Chip, but stamped off on scraps to lighten the image.

      Delete