Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Mediterrean Kitty

This set caught my attention as soon as I saw it, but it also intimidated. But, from other experiences in the past, I knew that if I didn't purchase it, I would regret it, so........

The set is in the Occasions and called Mediterranean Moments.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but after looking at many samples, I decided to give watercolor a try. I think it turned out okay. What do you think?


The base card is Flirty Flamingo with a mat from Whisper White, which I ran through the Softly Falling embossing folder and sponged Flirty Flamingo around the edge. The image is matted on a Pool Party oval. I stamped the sentiment in black from the Garden In Bloom set, and cut out with a banner thinlit. There is also some stitching around it for definition.

Now for the image which was stamped with black on Whisper White. I then pulled out my aqua painter, ink refills, and ink pads. There are different ways that you can create a paint pallet. One way is to squeeze the pad in the center before opening. This will form a small spot of ink on the inside of the lid. You can also just add a drop of refill of the same color to the lid. OR pull out one of your clear blocks and add a drop of ink from a refill or press the corner of the ink pad onto the block for your pallet.

The flower pot was colored with Tangelo Twist,
plant: old olive and Melon Mambo
chair: crumb cake
flooring: Tip Top Taupe
back drop and sponging around the edge: Pool Party
Kitty: Smokey Slate

Start out lightly and add more color as needed, but take care is using cardstock. Too much moisture will pill. You get more workability on watercolor paper, but I didn't want the texture on this project.

I am anxious to give the other images a try, so look for those to show up on here.

Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment