Thursday, January 12, 2017

Test Tube Valentine

I love these small plastic test tubes to use with treats. If you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, the test tubes are still available in a refill kit. Just go to the customer page and click on the Paper Pumpkin, then refills. If you aren't a subscriber, you can join at any time. Just click on the Paper Pumpkin button on the right column. Once you are a subscriber, you can purchase back kits and refills as they become available. You can also skip a month or cancel at any time. I will be sharing the February Kit soon! It is on it's way!

But for now here is my latest project, cased from Jennifer!


I am thinking that I will fill the tube with red hot candies. Do they still make them in the heart shapes???? Guess I will have to find out :) .

The tag is a 2" x 6" piece of the new Sending Love DSP stack, which is on page 15 of the new Occasions catalog. I LOVE this suite!!!!!

Punch one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, then starting at the other end, score at 3/4", 1 1/2", 4", and 4 3/4". On the center 3/4" areas, punch out a 3/4" circle in the middle for the tube to slip through.

Slip a 4" piece of ribbon through the tag slot and tie a piece of linen thread around it to hold it in place. (I may add a small Happy Valentine's tag to the linen thread.)

For the embellishment, I used a 2 3/8" scalloped punch (retired), a 2" circle, and the two hearts are from the Love Notes Framelits. The larger one is from the same paper stack as the tag and the smaller one is from the red Glimmer Paper. I added the smallest heart with a dimensional and the embellishment is added to the tag with dimensionals, also.

Now all I have to do is add the treat and a couple of glue dots to hold the tube in place and it is ready to give to someone special.

Hope you enjoyed this project and give it a try. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment