Thursday, August 31, 2017

Trick or Treat Door

I love the holidays and love sharing my passion of cardmaking throughout the year, but especially during the coming season. I have finished my fall cards and am now busy creating for Halloween. I love sending them to friends and family!

I have been stamping for many years and this year, I am doing something new. I have a pretty good idea of what I own, but this year I have pulled out all of my Halloween stamps and placed them on the table where I can "shop" while creating. I find that I am re-enjoying some of my older sets by doing this, which is as much fun as when I first purchased them.

Soooooo, here is the most recent card created with my Halloween stash:


The base is Basic Black and the mat is from the current Wood Textures DSP. It is cut at 4x4 1/4, plus a bottom strip at 4x3/4. I stamped and cut out the door opening with the At Home With You Bundle. This is a must have set and can be used for so many situations!!

Want to know what blooper I did and how I fixed it? I cut my door opening on the wrong side!!! I first thought "oh well, it is Halloween", but just couldn't let it go. So I cut the door completely off, added a strip of the tear tape along the side that needed to be hinged, (letting it hang off about halfway) rolled the excess tape onto itself and stuck it to the inside piece. I then used a ruler and my bone folder to form a crease so that the door would open. You really can't even tell that I did anything different! LESSON: pay attention to how you are placing the door opening thinlet. One side does not have a cutting strip. DO NOT place that on the side to open!!! :)

 From the same set, I created the wreath, lantern, and rug (just the outline: cover the word welcome with a small piece of washi tape, ink the stamp, pull off the washi tape and stamp)

Now for all of the other fun stamps that I used! The ghosts are from Spooky Fun and the pumpkins from A Howling Good Time. I used Whisper White and Pumpkin Pie. The bow is from the Halloween Night's Bakers Twine and everything is mounted on dimensionals.

And now for the inside of the door:


Several years ago I traded for some images and this gal was one of them. I thought she would be perfect for this idea! I stamped the web, spider, and sentiment from the Spooky Fun set, attached the image to the back of the mat and placed it all onto the base.

And another fun card completed.

I hope that you enjoyed this project and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment