Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Golden Carols of Christmas

I have told myself over and over again, that I don't need any more Christmas stamps. And, although I fell in love with the Carols of Christmas bundle as soon as I saw it, I was holding on to my plan. Even after seeing so many great cards from the set, I was still holding out. THEN I saw this one and since no one else knew of my plans, into the cart the set went.

This wasn't the first card I created from the set, but it is certainly my favorite. All I found was a picture, so I am not sure who to give the original credit to for the inspiration. Mine is a bit different, but not very much.

If I was one to create multiples, I think this would be the one. So here it is:


The card base is Whisper White. I used the retired Brushed Gold for the first mat, 4x5 1/4, then a Whisper White, 3 3/4x 5, embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder.

I had also held off on ordering the foil papers because I still had some of the brushed gold and silver. Well, let me tell you, if you are doing the same thing, Give It Up! There is no comparison!!!

So for the main image, I cut a 3 1/2 square from the Gold Foil and a 3 1/4 square from Whisper White. Cut the sky from the thinlits and attach this to the foil piece. Keep that moon, never know when it might come in handy.

Cut out the deer from the gold foil. Cut a set of trees from the foil and a set from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. Using glue dots, attach the glimmer trees to the foil trees, positioning them down just a bit, so the foil ones show. Position the single tree lower and in the middle of the double set. Glue dot the deer into the panel. Add mini dimensionals to the trees and position them onto the panel. I placed them lower than the panel and just cut off the extra that was below it. Add dimensionals to the panel and attach to the base.

Stamp your greeting and emboss in gold. Cut it out with a banner die and add it to a strip of gold glimmer paper with glue, then attach to the card base.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment