Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Snow on the doorstep, soon...

Our fall weather has been all over the place. We even had a tornado watch the other night and I don't remember that ever happening in October! Luckily, nothing came of it. Today is cool and foggy, so I am not sure how far off the snow will be. Here is a winter/holiday card that will be a warmer way to enjoy the snow.


I am sure that you already know how much I love this stamp set and framelits set. The At Home With You stamp set is on page 54 of the annual catalog and will carry you through the whole year with fun crafting. Purchase it in the bundle with the framelits and save 10% (plus a lot of time!!)

Now for the card details:
The card base is Chocolate Chip and the door is stamped on a piece from the Wood Textures DSP with Early Espresso ink. It is stamped in the middle of a 4x5 1/4 piece. Then using the window thinlits, cut out the window blocks and back with a small piece of So Saffron. You can now attach this to the card base.

Stamp the other images onto Whisper White, color, and cut out with the coordinating thinlits. They are all added to the scene with dimensionals. The broom is from a retired set, If the Brook fits, stamped with Chocolate Chip onto Crumb Cake. I stamped an extra wreath, colored it, then cut it out with the framelit. This can then be cut up into individual sprigs of holly, which I used on the broom and the sign above the door, which is also stamped onto Crumb Cake.

Then I dug out my retired Mica Flakes (which are still available on the clearance page!) and added the clear to my doorway.  I think it added that magical touch, don't you?

This would be just as nice without the broom and using glitter for the snow.

NOTE: I usually use my positioning tool when I stamp the door on DSP. That way I can stamp twice and get a stronger image.

I hope you enjoyed today's share.




One more thing before I close. Just a reminder that the Oct and Nov Paper Pumpkin kits are going to coordinate this year. To receive both of them, you will need to sign up by October 10, which is just a few days away. Just click on the Paper Pumpkin button in to the right.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment