Thursday, May 17, 2018

Stamparatus Case

It has been a long time since I have done much sewing, and even longer since I created a pattern. But I wanted a case for my Stamparatus, to protect and keep it all together. Here is what I created:



It even has a pocket on the inside for the extra plate and some of my templates that I use on it.

I am not the greatest at writing out the directions for someone else, but thought I would share what I did. If you do much sewing, I think you can decipher it. LOL

Inside and Outside of bag: (Cover)
Cut two pieces of fabric, 22"x 11"
(Pay attention to pattern direction, if needed)

Inside Pocket
Cut fabric at 9 ½" x 18"

Fuse fleece Pellon, 22" x 11" to line the outside piece.
Fuse fleece Pellon, 9 ½"x 9" to one end of the pocket piece.
NOTE: you could actually use quilted fabric, in which case, you would only need a single cover size and half of the pocket.)

Fold the pocket in half and sew coordinating large fold binding across the end raw edge.
(This will be the top of the pocket.)

Position the inside fabric to the outside fused fabric.
Sew the binding along the bottom of the cover piece. (This end will be the front of your case.)
Position the top of the pocket ½" up from the bottom of the cover.
Sew it in place down the two raw sides (twice to reinforce).

Fold the cover up over the pocket.
(The extra will be the closing flap)
(Round the corners of the flap, if desired)
Sew binding around the three raw edges.
(Back Stitch at the top where the front and back join to reinforce)

Add Velcro for closure.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a question, are the two sides sewn together. If it is before the binding then I'm not quite sure how to put the binding on. I am making this as a gift for my sister and have the pocket in and then I sewed the binding all around except the sides are open which makes no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I missed this. Life took a wild curve through the summer. I hope you figured it out. I stitched the sides together, then sewed the binding around, starting at the bottom corner, up one side, around the flap, and back down the other side, ending at the opposite bottom corner.

    ReplyDelete