Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Statement of My Heart easel

This card idea came from Jo Weedon. Someone shared her creation on Pinterest and I loved it. I couldn't find the original, so will include my measurements, which may or may not be the same, but I think they worked just fine. What do you think?


Again, I don't usually make replicas, but I am using cardstock that will only be available until May 31. So it was just as easy to cut out two at once.

The card base is Rose Red, 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2. Crease both score lines to create the base of the easel. Cut another piece of Rose Red at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and glue to the bottom section below the 2 3/4" score line. This will create a flat card(left image) that can be displayed as an easel(right image).

Mount a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Pink Pirouette to the top of the card. Stamp the Statement Of The Heart on a Whisper White, 2 1/4 x 3 1/4, mounted on a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 rose red. ( NOTE: This is a free stamp that is exclusive to the Gotta Have It All, Love What You Do Bundle, only available through May 31!!!) Attach this to the top of the pink mat. Stamp and color the image from Crafting Forever (not retiring!!!!). I used the Stamping Blends. (wait until you see all of the new colors!!) Cut out the image and attach to the bottom corner with dimensionals.

On the inside glue a 4 x 1, then a 4 x 1 1/2, and a 4 x 2 1/2, spaced approx. 1/8" apart. Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White, mounted on Rose Red. Attach to the inside panel corner with dimensionals. This will be the stopper so the easel card will stay up.

I hope that you enjoyed this and thanks so much for stopping by!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment