Saturday, July 12, 2014

Non-SU Christmas in July

Warning::: The only thing from Stampin' Up on this card is the card stock, ink and greeting stamp! Oh, and some of the punches. I KNOW....how shocking, but sometimes I just have to be a rebel! :)



First, let me tell you that the inspiration came from KittieKraft. She has some wonderful samples on her blog and I could play all day there! This card was very time consuming, but I hope you will agree, SO worth it. My only problem now is, who will I send it to, or just keep it for myself??????

Anyway, here are some of the details. I stamped the window on the inside of the card, cuz I wanted this to be the "outside", then cut out the windows. I used a lighter ink marker to color the stamp just around the windows to stamp on the card cover.

I punched out a lot of branches and glued them to a bare tree die cut. The die also includes the presents, candy canes, ginger bread men, and bow. I LOVE IT! It includes a star, too, but I wanted a larger one, so used one from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Set. I also punched out some circles and decorated my tree. Had to have it look nice on the "outside" too, so did a little bit on the back of the tree, also. The cat dies are another fun goodie that I purchased.

The curtain is just a strip of card stock punched with the border punch and run through a crimper.

I hope you enjoyed this and thank you so much for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment