Sunday, July 31, 2016

Thoughtful Lilacs

Only a couple more days til the Thoughtful Branches Set is available for purchase WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

 

Yes, I know that this is a tree set, BUT I love the flower combinations that can be created. So here is one more :) !


Wish you could see the Wink of Stella that I added to the flowers. They really sparkle!

I stamped the petals with Elegant Eggplant on to Perfect Plum cardstock. Use the die to cut out the "flower" plus a solid cut from Elegant Eggplant.

Here is where I found the idea and the cutting design. I actually cut out an extra one and placed the pieces in with my dies as a pattern for future flowers! Don't have to think about it so much then.

The card base is Daffodil Delight, cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2", forming a top fold. After cutting out the stem and leaves, I actually pushed out the leaf pieces with the idea of adding them in later. Next time I will just leave them in and add it to the base.

After trimming the petals, I offset the two pieces and glued them together, then glued the two smaller sets to each side of the stem. Add dimensionals to the larger set and place in between the other two.

I then took a sponge and Daffodil Delight and sponged around the whole image and around the edges of the card base. The sentiment is also from the set and stamped with Elegant Eggplant.

May decide to add a bow, but haven't decided yet.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are having a great day!



2 comments: