Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Totally Awesome

I love this style of card and I also used one of my favorite stamp sets to create it, Grateful Bunch.


I also love the fact that I had a postage stamp to go with the colors!! How great is that!

The base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Elegant Eggplant. The ink is also elegant eggplant.

Here is what it looks like when open:


Cut a strip of Elegant Eggplant, 4 1/4" x 1 1/4", scored on one end at 1/4". This will be the hinge for the card. Stamp the flowers randomly on this piece. Attach the 1/4" tab to the back of a 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White, then attach this to the base.

The cover is 2" x 3 1/2" (or whatever size fits your mood :) ) from Elegant Eggplant and matted with Whisper White, cut just a bit smaller. You will need two sets of these.

Close the hinge and attach one set to the hinge piece, centered on the card base. Then open the hinge and attach the second set to the back of the first.

For my "bling", I added rhinestones to the center of the flowers.

I think I will be creating more of these. I love the style and it looks so nice when completed. (even in this purple LOL )

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment