Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Lots of Happy card kit

OK, so normally I am not a kit person. They just aren't what I am usually interested in. BUT, for some reason the all inclusive kit, Lots of Happy on page 15 of the occasions catalog caught my attention from the moment I first saw it. And each time I looked through the catalog (which is many!) it would do it again. Then when I read that there were two exclusive watercolor pencils, which are only available in this kit, well, I decided "what the heck!"

I am really glad that I made that decision and I hope that you will agree when you see the following examples. Of course, there are instructions in the kit to create what you see on the catalog page, but I went "rogue" as usual. Here is what I did:


I colored the included images with the watercolor pencils and used my blender pen to smooth out the pencil marks and to blend the two colors together. (The blender pen isn't included in the kit, but I love using it with my pencils. It makes the colors a bit more vibrant.) The green piece in the background is actually a printed white piece from the kit. Again, I colored it with the marker, then used the blender pen to smooth it out and brighten the color. The sentiment is actually from another stamp set "Flourishing Phrases". (so many images and sentiments with that set). The envelope is stamped with an image from the kit and colored as above. I stamped one of the sentiments from the kit on the inside of the card and it is all ready to send or give.


And using the Party Pandas from the sale-a-bration set, I created this note card. The cut out pandas make it the perfect size for a standard A2 envelope. I did add a piece of black ribbon and dsp from my collection.

So even though this kit will create 20 cards (4 of each design shown in the catalog), it will do so much more. I am sure there will be much more sharing creations with this kit. And remember, you really only need to add your choice of adhesive to this kit and you are ready to create! This also makes a great kit to take along and create on the go. I hope that you will give it a try!

Enjoy this great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment