Tuesday, April 3, 2018

My Ink Spot storage

There are a lot of YouTube videos on storage for the ink spots. I have watched several and have combined some of the ideas to create my own version. Here is what it looks like full:


I may add some daubers to the right side for the ones that aren't in the standard colors, such as retired colors, etc.

Here is a better view of what the insert looks like:


Now for the measurements:

Cardstock (I used white, but choose your favorite!): 7x 7 3/4.
Place the longer side up to the top of the scoreboard and score at:1 3/8, 2 3/8, 3 3/4, 4 3/4, 6 1/8, and 7 1/8
Now flip upside down with the opposite side to the top and score at: 1 7/8, 4 1/4, and 6 5/8

This will give you mountains and valleys to crease. You could do all of the score measurements from the same side if you want.

Now crease each score line. Add double sided tape to one side of each set of small scored areas and press together. This will form the dividers. I also add tape to the wider sections to stick to the case.

Insert this into a Full size stamp case. It will hold fifteen ink spots.

Decorate the cover of your box or I just created a grid on paper and have written the colors on each box. That way I don't have to open it to see which colors are in the case.

Thanks for stopping by!
    


No comments:

Post a Comment