Monday, June 29, 2015

PL OWL Bookmark


 
I adapted these bookmarks from Carries idea. I loved creating hers, but wanted a smaller version to include in the pocket letters, I so enjoy creating. So this is what I came up with.
 
The back piece which forms the head is the large heart punch. Use the large oval punch to punch out a half oval from designer paper for the body. The wings are the small oval punch with embossed cardstock. Using the Itty Bitty punch set, punch out two stars for the feet.
 
For the eyes, use different sizes of circle punches. I actually used a small flower punch from my stash, so you can use whatever you have on hand. The circles from the Build an Owl stamp would work great. Then I just cut a small triangle for the beak (if you have the tiny tree punch, the top of it works great for this.) Attach this with a small piece of dimensional.
 
From solid cardstock, cut a 2x2 inch piece and a bit smaller from designer paper. Layer these for the bottom/back of your bookmark. Put a small ribbon of glue about halfway down on the owl and attach to the cardstock, leaving the bottom of the owl loose to complete your mini bookmark.
 
The top picture shows how it will look when placed on the page.
 
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment