Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sheltering Tree Flag

So, I decided that I had to take a break from creating Pocket Letters and get my Fourth of July cards done. I must have enjoyed myself because before I knew it, it was time to fix lunch! It was also a productive morning because I completed four cards. It was nice to have the time to do that.

So I will be sharing my creations over the next few days. I hope that they will inspire you to create some yourself, either by CASEing or coming up with some of your own ideas. No matter which, I hope you have an enjoyable time.

Here is the first card that I want to share with you.


This one was the last one I created this morning, but since it is so simple and fast, I thought I would share it with you first.

The base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11, scored at 5 1/2", which gives you a top fold card. I used the "C" clear block to create the Night of Navy block for the stars. I added three stars which were punched out of Silver Glimmer Paper with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch set. The stripes of the flag are with Real Red and the stamp from the Sheltering Tree set.

I had this small piece of ribbon and thought it looked great with the image so taped it onto the side. You could get the same effect by drawing lines with the markers.

Have a really great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment