Saturday, February 6, 2016

Fun Fold Valentine

I love trying new ideas for cards and this is a fun one. I know I should have waited til my order arrived so that I could have used all current product, but sometimes fun just doesn't want to wait! I am sure most of you have current or retired items in your stash that would look great, so I hope this example makes you want to pull them out and have some fun!



FIRST! I don't know why the one picture turned out pink and the other one red????? They are BOTH actually red! The top one shows the card partially open and the bottom is completely closed.

Start with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Real Red cardstock. Score at 4 1/4" and 8 1/2".

Working on the covers of your card, cut 2 1/4" x 4" patterned paper for the top flap and 4" x 4" for the bottom piece.

On the small flap, slide the 2" circle punch all the way onto the cardstock with the score line in the center and punch. (I actually used the punched piece for my card, so hang onto it.)

Folding the bottom flap up, line up the same size circle punch piece and glue to the flap. (Drop it down just a smidgeon so that it won't catch when it is closed). I added a 1 3/4" circle punch, a fussy cut heart. ( I actually stamped the heart from the Perfect Pennants set onto the back of my patterned paper and cut it out.) Then layered that with the Itty Bitty punch set heart punched from the Real Red Glimmer Paper.

Decorate as desired!! I was actually going to use my heart framelits for the punch, but decided to use as much current product as possible.

OKAY: want to know where this idea came from and also a great video from a fellow demonstrator???? HERE IT IS 

Have a great time with this one. I plan to do some St. Patrick's Day cards with it also!

Don't forget, there is only a few more days to receive the Limited time SAB products in the back of the SAB brochure. So don't miss out! Want a catalog with your order? DON'T order one on line! Let me know when you place your order (you will need to send your request directly to me) and I will send you a free one plus the Occasions and SAB brochure. Don't forget to add me as your demonstrator if you don't already have one! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment