Friday, February 26, 2016

Remember OSW?

Have you seen the OSW (one sheet wonder) cards, and have you tried them lately? I needed to add to my card selection and my mojo wasn't working very good, so I decided to give OSW a try, again. I don't like to do repetitive cards, so I am basically a "one and done" card maker, but this technique is kind of an inbetween, soooooo.

I am also trying to use up some of my DSP. I am NOT a fan of purple, BUT have people I care about who do, so I add it to my stock. I have to admit that I still have a tough time using it even for them. So that is why I have the Bohemian DSP AND why I decided to use it for this project. Also used the Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay, and Hello Honey cardstock. (nope-no purples LOL)

There are so many OSW tutorials available. THIS is the one that I used to create my set. You will need extra "A" cardstock and DSP from your set. Also, there are a few misprints, so before adhereing your pieces, make sure that they fit. I had to trim a few of them.

Here are a couple of notes, too.

      I placed the sentiment pieces on with temporary tape, so that I can add what I need later.

      When cutting your pieces from the DSP, write the letter for each one on the back. Then put like letters together with the basecards needed in a pile. You then have them all together when you are ready to create.

     You can always change things up a bit or add things to them!

Okay, here is the set that I made:

 
And here are the individual cards:
 















I didn't have enough of the base cardstock for the whole set, so I omitted card "J" in the tutorial Some of these are a bit plain, so I may have to spruce them up a little before sending them.
 
I hope that you will give this technique a try or another try. The sets make great gifts, too.
 
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment